Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Technology at it's Best

Louis C.K made some very interesting points in the video. There have been so many technological advances within the past few years, and people have become very used to getting everything quickly and easily. People have been taking this incredible technology for granted. There is no possible way that society now could go on without high-speed internet, cell phones, and Bluetooth. I don't think that I could either. I'm constantly texting -- at school, at home, when I'm out, etc. Also, I am always on the internet. I check Facebook multiple times daily, I'm always reading and replying to emails, and I'm always IMing my friends. All of this technology is so amazing and advanced, however, I find myself even yelling at my computer screen, or hastily closing my flip phone whenever something minor should go wrong.

My parents had been discussing that when they were children, they did not own a TV, which were very tiny and in black and white back then. They also did not own a computer for they were very expensive and very large. They had rotary phones, and if they ever needed to contact someone when they were out, they would have to use a payphone! They never typed emails, but had to actually write letters...by hand!

Technology is so advanced, yet still so new. So next time you get mad at the TV, or throw your cell phone across the room, think abouthow convenient it has made your lives.

No comments: